The Guffanti Protocol
Luigi Guffanti Formaggi since 1876 selects and ages the best cheese from Italian and European dairy tradition. The great attention in the research and selection of the artisan-quality dairy product and the passion for accurate ageing and ripening are the fundamental rules that the Guffanti-Fiori family has been transmitting for five generations.
The research, starting point for a “CHEESE BREEDING” to follow and accompany until the organoleptic maturity of the product, begins by following some parameters that the company has set:
- raw milk from free-grazing animals fed without straining;
- production techniques for which the manual skills and uniqueness of the single cheese is preferred;
- the necessary time, without haste and hurry and without impositions, for the correct maturation and evolution of the cheese.
Some other convictions that are added to this, in order to guide us in our daily work:
- an excellent cheese comes from an excellent milk
- an excellent milk comes from healthy animals that feed themselves spontaneously
- if the animals are healthy (and serene), they are happy
- we want to spread the culture of the excellent COGULATED MILK, that means excellent CHEESE, because it has been produced by happy animals
Download the presentation of Guffanti Protocol: